FAX Modem for Windows 10 environment

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: FAX Modem for Windows 10 environment

Post by Neto »

RZehr wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:29 pm
Neto wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:36 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:00 pm
I don't know that I ever got sick from raw milk either and I've drunk a lot more raw milk than pasteurized milk.
All I ever had growing up. And being "Russian Mennonite", we also drank clabbered milk, where you let it set out until it gets really thick, almost to the stage of going to cottage cheese. Haven't had any in many years though.
That sounds like just about the nastiest thing out there.
Quite good, actually - wish I could make some, but you have to start with raw milk. Do you like blue cheese? Not for me. I cannot even stand to eat Swiss Cheese, especially the Baby Swiss. (And I can think of something the Indians gave us once that would probably not play second fiddle to anything you have ever tasted. But they didn't mind that we didn't like it. They didn't like a lot of our food, either.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Neto wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:43 pm
Neto wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:36 pm

All I ever had growing up. And being "Russian Mennonite", we also drank clabbered milk, where you let it set out until it gets really thick, almost to the stage of going to cottage cheese. Haven't had any in many years though.
Quite good, actually - wish I could make some, but you have to start with raw milk. Do you like blue cheese? Not for me. I cannot even stand to eat Swiss Cheese, especially the Baby Swiss. (And I can think of something the Indians gave us once that would probably not play second fiddle to anything you have ever tasted. But they didn't mind that we didn't like it. They didn't like a lot of our food, either.)
I actually kind of like a bit of blue cheese. And I really like Swiss cheese.
0 x
Neto

Post by Neto »

RZehr wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:16 pm
Neto wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:43 pm
I actually kind of like a bit of blue cheese. And I really like Swiss cheese.
Well, I wish I could give you some fermented peach palm slurry. ;)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Neto

Post by Neto »

Update (in case anyone is interested):
Had a night-time "revelation", that maybe the USB modem was connected too far from the actual USB header on the motherboard. (In the original design of the word processors I have been building, the motherboard is inside the word processor cabinet, and the I/O area is not accessible from the outside. All connections are jumpered to the back panel. This always worked fine in Win 7, but I figured maybe something was different in OS 10. :? :( ) So I connected the modem internally, and it worked. But the system I set it up in for that testing was not where the company wanted it installed. Installed a modem in the system where it was preferred, and it didn't work. Set up the system where it had been working, and then it appeared to be correct, but no fax messages could be received or sent. (I no longer have any telephone line, because after the June 13th storm here, the telephone company never repaired the line in our part of town. But the fax program said "waiting for incoming call", so I assumed it was working.)

So I again do not know what we will do.
1 x