Monitors with FreeSync

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Re: Monitors with FreeSync

Post by Pelerin »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:02 pm
Ernie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:08 pm Thanks for the info. And any idea on whether or not I would like a curved monitor?
I don't think there is any point to a curved monitor in the 28" size range. They only really start to make sense if you are talking about MUCH wider monitors then that. And at that point you might as well consider a dual monitor display. I personally find vertical pixels more important than horizontal because I do a lot of full page editing.

I'm currently using this LG 4K 27" monitor https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UL6 ... ed-monitor which I picked up on sale and works perfectly for my needs which is mostly full-page text editing and working on large data entry screens with lots and lots of cells. It also plays video beautifully but I normally don't use it for that. It costs more than the one you linked to but that is mostly due to the higher resolution. Which I find very useful.

I keep my work or personal laptop closed and docked next to it and if for some reason I need more screen space I just open up the laptop screen and get two screens that way.
I have a question in the same vein. I’m also looking for (and maybe buying) a monitor around this size. I keep finding ones I like, then discovering they’re curved. My question is will I hate a curved screen at this size? I feel like I would because the idea of a curved monitor just seems dumb to me, but then people say you get used to it, then start liking it. Does anyone have any experience?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Monitors with FreeSync

Post by Josh »

I can't think of how they're necessarily bad; they just (used to?) cost more. I tend to like to buy cheaper stuff so I stick to monitors that are in the < $300 price range.
0 x