Annoying Emergency Alerts

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Annoying Emergency Alerts

Post by Ernie »

How do I turn off the sound for annoying emergency alerts about floods, snow squaws, etc on android 9.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/ ... d-0169521/

Everything online tells me to do settings>notifications>advanced but I don't have any "advanced" option
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Annoying Emergency Alerts

Post by silentreader »

Ernie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:09 pm How do I turn off the sound for annoying emergency alerts about floods, snow squaws, etc on android 9.

Everything online tells me to do settings>notifications>advanced but I don't have any "advanced" option
I really don't think you should turn off the alert for snow squaws.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

silentreader wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:10 pm
Ernie wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:09 pm How do I turn off the sound for annoying emergency alerts about floods, snow squaws, etc on android 9.

I really don't think you should turn off the alert for snow squaws.
Indeed, that is the chief end of Android.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

It may be possible to adjust the notification settings for each app in that app's setup. It is on Android 10, anyway.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

I don’t have Android 9, but at the top of Settings there should be “Search settings” bar or else a magnifying glass. If you type in “emergency” there does anything come up?
0 x
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

I have an android Galaxy S9+. I did a search for emergency settings and found "Wireless Emergency Alerts" If you tap on the 3 dots to the right on that screen it will give you the option to delete or to change the settings.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Any particular reason you want to turn such things off?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Pelerin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:04 pm I don’t have Android 9, but at the top of Settings there should be “Search settings” bar or else a magnifying glass. If you type in “emergency” there does anything come up?
Hey, that worked.

Now I am wondering how to receive text messages rather than loud annoying alerts.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:49 am Any particular reason you want to turn such things off?
Yesterday most of our phones got about 5 loud alerts about snow squalls. I can understand that people driving in the snow should be alerted but we were not driving around. I prefer text messages.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

We had that a few times, too. Personally I have my ringer shut off 90% of the time so its a non-issue for me.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!