Youtube Startup Video Suggestions

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Youtube Startup Video Suggestions

Post by Ernie »

When I go to Youtube, it has all sorts of videos to recommend for me. How can I set Youtube to only show videos from my playlists?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Sliceitup
Affiliation: Keystone, for now

Re: Youtube Startup Video Suggestions

Post by Sliceitup »

Ernie wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:13 pm When I go to Youtube, it has all sorts of videos to recommend for me. How can I set Youtube to only show videos from my playlists?
I don’t really have an answer or know if there is one, but I’m pretty sure YouTube won’t make it easy for you. The entire business plan is based on getting you sucked into more videos. And they have their algorithms fine tuned to lead you down the paths of extremism.
0 x
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

Instead of going to youtube.com, go to youtube.com/feed/library. You can bookmark that page and then just use the bookmark.
1 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Do you subscribe to any channels on Youtube?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 am Do you subscribe to any channels on Youtube?
yes
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

PeterG wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:38 pm Instead of going to youtube.com, go to youtube.com/feed/library. You can bookmark that page and then just use the bookmark.
This is helpful for now. Thanks.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

I have the option of downloading the YouTube app. Is that something I want to do or not want to do?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:34 am I have the option of downloading the YouTube app. Is that something I want to do or not want to do?
I don’t think it is helpful to have it on your phone or iPad.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Ernie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:34 am I have the option of downloading the YouTube app. Is that something I want to do or not want to do?
I never did.

Basically, from my experience, when I open YouTube on my tablet, it will have the latest videos from the channels I'm subscribed to, plus whatever may be related to those videos. If I don't watch a certain channel for a while, it sort of falls away.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Ok. The App option popped up on my PC so I wasn't sure if that is something that would be helpful or not on my PC.
0 x