cellular signal strength booster

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

cellular signal strength booster

Post by Neto »

Spent a couple of hours yesterday troubleshooting an E My People email set up, only to find (after a tech call w/ EMyPeople) that the signal was too weak to get through. (The tech was able to access the jetpack, but I was only able to Ping one of the two addresses he had me test.)
I figured it was weather conditions, since this installation has been working fine for some months. (It's back up this morning.)

So do any of you all have a recommendation for a good cellular signal booster? (One person has suggested WeBoost. Feedback?)
Thanks for any input anyone can offer.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: cellular signal strength booster

Post by Josh »

If you’re using a Jetpack try connecting an external antenna. Cell phone boosters are iffy although I did use one last winter that sort of worker - if you stood in the exact right spot.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:29 pm If you’re using a Jetpack try connecting an external antenna. Cell phone boosters are iffy although I did use one last winter that sort of worker - if you stood in the exact right spot.
I don't think this one has a port for attaching an external antenna. This is at a business in Charm, and I took the jetpack outside, and barely got 3 bars standing almost on the road. One person I consulted via email said that for cellular boosters, the unit and the antenna must not be close together, or they would start a signal loop.
Thanks for the input, Josh. This is all outside my main area of experience, so every suggestion is helpful.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
electro-wiz
Affiliation:

Post by electro-wiz »

Weboost brand of boosters work great when installed correctly. Most of the cheaper Chinese ones do either not work, or do not support the correct bands needed in the US.
0 x