Sage 50 (Peachtree) Accounting & non-Admin access

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Sage 50 (Peachtree) Accounting & non-Admin access

Post by Neto »

Until now I only had one client who is using Peachtree, and that is a quite old version. I didn't encounter any difficulty in having it operate correctly from within a non-Admin account. But now it seems that it requires administrative access to do more than just open the program. (Which is really crazy, considering how Microsoft has been harping on not normally using an Admin account, especially while connected to the internet.)

Anyone have experience with this? I can use the third-party program RunAsSPC to run it as the Administrator all the time, but sometimes that creates other issues, and this system is going out to an area where I have no trained technician.

This article says that the user must have full control to all Sage folders, but that includes one in Program Files, which is like handing a key to the bank vault to every patron.

https://my.sage.co.uk/public/help/askar ... leid=16793
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Sage 50 (Peachtree) Accounting & non-Admin access

Post by Neto »

A quick update here: I was able to make the program functional w/o allowing the non-Admin user Full Control Permissions to the Sage folder in Program Files (as the information on-line had said).
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.