Resetting the Language on HP Pro 8710

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Resetting the Language on HP Pro 8710

Post by Ernie »

I was given an HP Pro 8710 but the screen shows Japanese characters. How can I reset to English if I do not know how to read Japanese?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Resetting the Language on HP Pro 8710

Post by Neto »

Ernie wrote:I was given an HP Pro 8710 but the screen shows Japanese characters. How can I reset to English if I do not know how to read Japanese?
All of those menu progressions seem to be different, so if you know someone with the same model, take yours over & set it up beside theirs, and follow through step by step. (There may also be some other way to do it, maybe by holding down a certain button while turning it on. Do you have a user's guide? If not, you can get one on the HP site. That might tell how to do it as well. I see instruction on-line for resetting to factory defaults, which would start it over with the opportunity to choose a language, but of course you run into the same problem of not being able to read the words. But maybe if you get the UG, you can see in their illustrations which is which - IF they DO include illustrations.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Resetting the Language on HP Pro 8710

Post by ohio jones »

Ernie wrote:How can I reset to English if I do not know how to read Japanese?
グーグル翻訳? :)

Googling the model number suggests this is a printer (I initially assumed a computer). If so, look at this page if you haven't already.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited