Windows 10

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Windows 10

Post by ohio jones »

Neto wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 pm
justme wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:12 pm .... oh, and sit on the phone on hold, your call is important to us, please continue to hold. riiiiiggght.
Ever seen that deal (I guess they call it a meme) that shows a guy on the phone, hearing that message, only it continues "... please continue to hold until your call is no longer important to you."

1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Not to mention the raspy, unnerving "music" while you wait.
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Joy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 am Not to mention the raspy, unnerving "music" while you wait.
Then there is that mind numbing 'music' that just repeats the same several obnoxious bars over and over again. Intuit (QuickBooks) used to actually sometimes play hymns (instrumental), but now theirs is about the worst there is. But that's all discontinued now anyway. I used to always call in to register, because that way I had the Validation Code, and no internet was required to re-install if/when necessary. Now it's all internet registration, and it has to be tied to an email account.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.