ISO creator

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

ISO creator

Post by Neto »

Anyone have a favorite? Or how do you do it? (I have modified the installation disk for Win 10, and now I need to be able to create an ISO.)

I've looked at a couple of them, and the one that looked the most promising (AnyToISO) cannot handle a DVD size job, only for DC size. (In the free version, anyway. I may need to just purchase one, since it appears from my testing that this method will actually work for what I need to do.) I have used WinCDEMU Portable to mount ISO files in a virtual drive, and tested the install version for creating an ISO, but it seems that either I'm doing something wrong, or it is designed to go the other way - to create an ISO from a bootable CD or DVD. I need to convert a compiled group of files & folders into an ISO.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: ISO creator

Post by lesterb »

I use a package called AnyBurn. It can take a disk, a group of files, or a folder and turn it into an image. Or it can go the other way around.

see http://www.anyburn.com/

It's free, or at least used to be.
0 x
Neto

Post by Neto »

Thanks, Lester. I just downloaded it, & will test tomorrow, If I can get the time. I tested one today that I suspect would have worked with a smaller amount of data, but since I am attempting to create an ISO files for a modified version of Win 10, it was DVD size, and the free version of that one said it only worked on CD size. (What I'm doing is stripping out the items from the All Apps list that I don't want, such as XBox. I had been able to disable it, but couldn't find the place to remove it from the list. As I understand, the shortcuts for the programs you add are stored in a different place, and people are saying that the built in ones cannot be removed. This DOES work, however, but I need to be able to create an ISO, or at least a bootable installation DVD. I prefer the ISO so that I can create additional disks as needed, to distribute.)

Oh, by the way, the latest version is 3.4, which was issued September 9th, this year. That at least tells me that it is still being supported / developed.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Neto

Post by Neto »

Thanks again, Lester. AnyBurn does the job. I didn't actually burn a disk from it, but I mounted the ISO in a virtual DVD drive, and ran the setup.exe file, just to be sure it would start up. And the user agreement even specifically states that it can be freely used in business as well as for personal.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I use mkisofs which is a command line based Linux tool.
0 x