For those who RV

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

For those who RV

Post by MaxPC »

Some good tech articles at Family Rving Magazine. The pull down menu has a number of good tech topics.
https://familyrvingmag.com/2020/06/24/g ... al-cutoff/
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: For those who RV

Post by mike »

MaxPC wrote:Some good tech articles at Family Rving Magazine. The pull down menu has a number of good tech topics.
I keep a couple of those cutoffs in a drawer. However my family's big trip in our RV is over, and I don't expect to do anything quite like that again. My RV may likely be for sale after awhile, depending on whether I can rent it out enough to justify keeping it.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Some good tech articles at Family Rving Magazine. The pull down menu has a number of good tech topics.
I keep a couple of those cutoffs in a drawer. However my family's big trip in our RV is over, and I don't expect to do anything quite like that again. My RV may likely be for sale after awhile, depending on whether I can rent it out enough to justify keeping it.
How was the trip? Did you enjoy it?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

MaxPC wrote:
mike wrote:
How was the trip? Did you enjoy it?
It was an "epic" trip - the joys were epic and we had some epic problems along the way as well, although they were relatively minor. But I think my family would all agree it was worth all the work and planning it took to make happen. We spent most of our time in the southwest because of family and friends in that area, and we learned that the desert is quite a bit more interesting than we had suspected it would be.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

My uncle who gave us his old RV when he bought a new one to travel with a group from Pennsylvania to Alaska (at 80) had an epic trip, too. He had major problems with it, and wished he still had his old one. (In a naughty moment I thought of offering to sell it back to him. :D )

But he and his wife also had an epic serious moment, too. At one stop they engaged a biker in conversation about the Lord, as I recall. Later, they found out that he had been killed in an accident shortly after that. "Chance" encounter. Probably his last chance, and I hope he used it as God intended.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: It was an "epic" trip - the joys were epic and we had some epic problems along the way as well, although they were relatively minor. But I think my family would all agree it was worth all the work and planning it took to make happen. We spent most of our time in the southwest because of family and friends in that area, and we learned that the desert is quite a bit more interesting than we had suspected it would be.
Mike, it sounds to me like you had a great time. We were on the road for about 12 years, full time. After awhile we did develop something of a routine and maintenance schedule. It took about 6 - 8 months to work out what we called “the rhythm of the rig”.

Like you, we primarily focused on visiting relatives and friends all over the USA. Good times.
Joy wrote:But he and his wife also had an epic serious moment, too. At one stop they engaged a biker in conversation about the Lord, as I recall. Later, they found out that he had been killed in an accident shortly after that. "Chance" encounter. Probably his last chance, and I hope he used it as God intended.
That’s an inspirational story, Joy. I’m glad they shared about Jesus. We never know when we are getting our last chance, do we?

New rigs can come with new vehicle problems, just like cars. Since it’s essentially a rolling house, the plumbing and especially the electrical system complicates matters. We bought our rig used and cheaply. It had seen the miles. The electrical system was fried and the black water tank needed to be replaced. I was able to do it relatively cheaply, certainly more cheaply than buying a new rig. I feel bad for your uncle because those new puppies aren’t cheap at all.

Those who RV full-time are an interesting group of helpful personalities. They share hacks and advice in the campground and tend to have people over to their campsite for conversations and food.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)