Eagle Business Management Software

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Eagle Business Management Software

Post by ken_sylvania »

Anybody out there using Eagle Business Management Software?
What have been your experiences over the years? Are you satisfied with the software?
Have you been hearing anything from your sales rep about a new pricing model being implemented over the next couple of years?
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Eagle Business Management Software

Post by Neto »

I have never used it myself, but I have a VERY satisfied customer who switched to EBMS from QuickBooks. [They had been using Premier, but were running out of names. Enterprise Solutions was already subscription only, and being Amish, they did not want to mess with that. I have other customers who have older version of QB ES, and now need more licenses ('seats'), and I really hope they chose to go with EBMS or ABC Accounting.]

What's the new pricing model about?
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Up to this point their model was to sell you the software and then if you wanted tax updates, software updates and bug fixes you had the option of paying for an annual subscription. You would buy the software, and then buy additional user licenses for a one time fee of about $400/ea.
The annual subscription when we started with EBMS in 2008 was what I considered reasonable - approximately $1,400 per year for the gold package, which included a basic amount of support hours as needed. Around the middle of 2017 they changed their pricing model so that a package with no support included was about twice as expensive as the gold package had been. Their excuse was that they were improving things and providing a better product, etc. and etc.

I was just informed today that they now intend to move to a pay-per-month licensing scheme priced at approximately $175/month per user. Essentially the "perpetual" user seats that we bought are now worthless. The sales rep was telling me how the company is now under new management and they are all so excited about how much better their customer service is going to be, all the added "value" that they are going to provide. Then she essentially went on to tell me that moving forward my annual payment to them is going to be 125% of the total that I paid them over the years to purchase the software, additional modules, and additional user seats.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

ken_sylvania wrote:Up to this point their model was to sell you the software and then if you wanted tax updates, software updates and bug fixes you had the option of paying for an annual subscription. You would buy the software, and then buy additional user licenses for a one time fee of about $400/ea.
The annual subscription when we started with EBMS in 2008 was what I considered reasonable - approximately $1,400 per year for the gold package, which included a basic amount of support hours as needed. Around the middle of 2017 they changed their pricing model so that a package with no support included was about twice as expensive as the gold package had been. Their excuse was that they were improving things and providing a better product, etc. and etc.

I was just informed today that they now intend to move to a pay-per-month licensing scheme priced at approximately $175/month per user. Essentially the "perpetual" user seats that we bought are now worthless. The sales rep was telling me how the company is now under new management and they are all so excited about how much better their customer service is going to be, all the added "value" that they are going to provide. Then she essentially went on to tell me that moving forward my annual payment to them is going to be 125% of the total that I paid them over the years to purchase the software, additional modules, and additional user seats.
Thank you much for this information. Sounds like that option (as far as Amish owned businesses are concerned) is going away....
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Yea, I'm afraid so. Unless somebody over in management wakes up.
They say their goal is to start moving to the cloud within the next couple of years.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

If the Cloud is ever hacked (and it will be one day), it will rain terror on every business depending upon it.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:If the Cloud is ever hacked (and it will be one day), it will rain terror on every business depending upon it.
Like this doesn’t happen almost every day..
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:
MaxPC wrote:If the Cloud is ever hacked (and it will be one day), it will rain terror on every business depending upon it.
Like this doesn’t happen almost every day..
Especially if you live in Baltimore, hon!

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
QuietObserver
Affiliation:

Post by QuietObserver »

What advantages does EBMS have over Quickbooks?
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

QuietObserver wrote:What advantages does EBMS have over Quickbooks?
Data entry is much faster.
Nearly everything can be done from the keyboard with very little need for mouse imputs.
More advanced feature set and more powerful reporting options (compared with QB Premier at any rate)
Ability to have multiple companies open at once, or even multiple instances of a single company (think customer screen open on one monitor while a GL window or vendor window might be open on the other.
Permanent record of every posting to the various ledgers. (QB may have an audit function that would work for this, but I'm not familiar with it.)
0 x