Cheaper wifi

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Cheaper wifi

Post by Joy »

Can anybody recommend a company for inexpensive wifi only? With no TV attached. We're getting rid of our landline and U-Verse.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Cheaper wifi

Post by Robert »

Joy wrote:Can anybody recommend a company for inexpensive wifi only? With no TV attached. We're getting rid of our landline and U-Verse.
Depends on your area. Often phone line based internet access is the cheapest for high volume use. There are some cell system based options for lower volume, but you do have to watch your data use.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Joy

Post by Joy »

Then what about cheap landline Internet access? We're paying around $90 a month now.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Joy wrote:Then what about cheap landline Internet access? We're paying around $90 a month now.
That's pretty expensive. What is your telephone company and your cable TV company? The latter usually offers Internet only access, but is sometimes cheaper in a "bundle"
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote:
Joy wrote:Then what about cheap landline Internet access? We're paying around $90 a month now.
That's pretty expensive. What is your telephone company and your cable TV company? The latter usually offers Internet only access, but is sometimes cheaper in a "bundle"
i have this, through Frontier. they use the existing landlines, but, it's not "dial-up!"
my bill was $26.99/mo, high speed internet only, it just went up, it might be close to $30 next bill.

it serves the entire house, without wires.

packages are available.
i no longer have a landline phone, fax, or other.
my landline is now only used for internet access.

for me, it's a better quality connection than satellite (country location.)
i.e., fewer outages due to trees, etc.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
trimthicket
Affiliation:

Post by trimthicket »

0 x
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

Joy, do you know approximately how much data you use every month?
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
Joy

Post by Joy »

Josh wrote:
AT&T is our current provider. Don't have television. But Comcast would use cable, I guess, with router/modem rental.
0 x
Joy

Post by Joy »

temporal1 wrote:
Josh wrote:
i have this, through Frontier. they use the existing landlines, but, it's not "dial-up!"
my bill was $26.99/mo, high speed internet only, it just went up, it might be close to $30 next bill.

it serves the entire house, without wires.

packages are available.
i no longer have a landline phone, fax, or other.
my landline is now only used for internet access.

for me, it's a better quality connection than satellite (country location.)
i.e., fewer outages due to trees, etc.
I'll have to check Frontier out. Thanks, Temp. That sounds good.
0 x
Joy

Post by Joy »

trimthicket wrote:https://www.freedompop.com/

For pay-as-you-go, try https://yourkarma.com/pricing
So what is the catch? Sounds too good to be true.
0 x