Eagle Business Management Software

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: Eagle Business Management Software

Post by Hats Off »

You are right - I do all bookkeeping after the fact. However, reconciling bank statements and any automatic debits are still handled very well by systems like QBO and Zero. You will always have accurate daily bank account information. You can do work from home or from your mobile device if you work on the road. It is so easy to have your accountant help out if you are not sure how to handle a non-standard entry. Depending on how you use your system having the latest software can be helpful.

That being said, QBO and Zero cannot handle complex information like Eagle will. And the 2006 QuickBooks desktop works as well today as it did in 2006 if you don't use payroll.
0 x
JoshScott
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by JoshScott »

mike wrote:QB Desktop is here to stay in my opinion. There are too many other Windows applications built to sync with it for Intuit to just drop it. I don't think it's going anywhere. Their whole model for developers would have to be upset for these applications to integrate with web-based software. I'm sure it could be done, and as long as the cloud-based version would have the same features and stability, I would be OK with it. I just don't expect it to happen.
You're right that QB Desktop still has a huge install base - and for that reason, Intuit would indeed be crazy to abandon it. But they already seem quite committed to moving on from it. For example, I have a ProAdvisor membership and I had to get on the phone with them to get them to unhide the Desktop certification training modules. If you didn't ask for them specifically, you wouldn't know they even existed. I hope you're right though.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

They drank the Microsoft coolaide.
End of life for Windows 7 means that Microsoft will no longer be supporting, providing security patches, or fixing bugs and flaws. As a result of Windows decision, Eagle Business Management Software (EBMS) will also no longer be supported on Windows 7. Our team recommends that your system be updated to Windows 10 to run EBMS in an efficient and secure way.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Microsoft is having problems again. I saw a recent article talking about a red or orange tint overshadowing the page in certain Word and other programs. I didn’t book mark the article or I would give a link so you can read it yourself.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Neto wrote:They drank the Microsoft coolaide.
End of life for Windows 7 means that Microsoft will no longer be supporting, providing security patches, or fixing bugs and flaws. As a result of Windows decision, Eagle Business Management Software (EBMS) will also no longer be supported on Windows 7. Our team recommends that your system be updated to Windows 10 to run EBMS in an efficient and secure way.
:(
0 x
QuietObserver
Affiliation:

Post by QuietObserver »

You can update to Windows 10 for free, so...
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

QuietObserver wrote:
I noticed you didn't say upgrade. ;) ;)
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

QuietObserver wrote:
Are you sure? I thought that was just for the first year. Also, I use OEM licenses, so not sure if it works in that case. (I could easily try, I suppose, just try to register an OS 10 license using a Win 7 code. Notice I cannot bear to call Windows 10 'Win 10' - to me, it's still 'Loser 10', but to be nice I just call it 'OS 10'. :angel )
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

EBMS seems to be trying to compete directly against Intuit, complete with a subscription based model and little interest in supporting customers who don't like to frequently upgrade.

There isn't a very sound software engineering reason to write software that works on Windows 10 but doesn't work on Windows 7.
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Josh wrote:EBMS seems to be trying to compete directly against Intuit, complete with a subscription based model and little interest in supporting customers who don't like to frequently upgrade.

There isn't a very sound software engineering reason to write software that works on Windows 10 but doesn't work on Windows 7.
Sound reasoning seems to be in scarce supply over there at EBMS these days.
0 x