Search found 719 matches

by Robert
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 am
Forum: Announcements and Introductions
Topic: Additions
Replies: 261
Views: 11611

Re: Additions

When I see the videos, my first question is, who are these people? The only one I think I recognize is George. They were all members of MennoDiscuss at the time, some are still here on Mennonet, but fewer than before and some only stop in on rare occasions. The demographics have changed over time, ...
by Robert
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 am
Forum: Announcements and Introductions
Topic: Additions
Replies: 261
Views: 11611

Re: Additions

MaxPC wrote:I really enjoyed those videos, George!

That's a very nice addition, Robert
:up:

I agree. It has a lot of plusses.

The drawback is trolls, but since we are doing well keeping that to a minimum with the two step registration process, I felt comfortable adding it now.
by Robert
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm
Forum: Announcements and Introductions
Topic: Additions
Replies: 261
Views: 11611

Re: Additions

gcdonner wrote:Did you mean like this?


Yep. Exactly like that. I enjoyed that.
by Robert
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:35 pm
Forum: Announcements and Introductions
Topic: Additions
Replies: 261
Views: 11611

Re: Additions

A new addition is the video feature. You can now post videos directly to the forums. Click the [video] link when posting. You then add the address of the video between the two tags, like this: [video]https://youtu.be/kmix17ewXto[/video] Then your video will be displayed directly into the forum like ...
by Robert
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:44 pm
Forum: The Homestead
Topic: Today ...
Replies: 378
Views: 14603

Re: Today ...

Today, I built an insulated dog house. I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow when it is light.
by Robert
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Internet Trolls on discussion groups
Replies: 9
Views: 209

Re: Internet Trolls on discussion groups

Wayne in Maine wrote:So far Mennonet has not had and major troll attack but how can it be prevented?


The two stage registration process eliminates 99% of this issue. The other 1% is when I post in the climate change thread. 8-)
by Robert
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:27 am
Forum: Anabaptist Theology and Practice
Topic: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?
Replies: 99
Views: 2384

Re: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?

https://forums.catholic.com/t/what-is-a-plain-catholic/284565/9 I was the one who posted the question regarding finding Catholics like us in Virginia. When referring to being "Plain" I was indeed referring to an Amish-like way of life. Please keep in mind, however, Plain Catholics to not ...
by Robert
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:00 pm
Forum: Anabaptist Theology and Practice
Topic: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?
Replies: 99
Views: 2384

Re: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?

Those who are genuinely interested in the truth are mature enough to contact me and the Plain Catholics directly as they have always done. Those who are simply trying to stir trouble and gossip have no interest in living a life of authentic Christian discipleship and nothing I say will change that....
by Robert
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:19 am
Forum: Anabaptist Theology and Practice
Topic: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?
Replies: 99
Views: 2384

Re: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?

Wayne, thank you for your email and will gladly answer any further questions you might have via that mode. At this point, this is my last post in this thread . Thank you to all who responded off list. I appreciate your kindness and your generosity in keeping this forum congenial. While this is your...
by Robert
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 am
Forum: Anabaptist Theology and Practice
Topic: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?
Replies: 99
Views: 2384

Re: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?

And from any information I have been able to find, i believe that there may be sincere Catholics who believe that a simple rural based lifestyle would be beneficial to them and there families. I even read a line somewhere that indicated they may hope with a plain lifestyle to convert some Amish to ...

Go to advanced search